Type of Business: Restaurant
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Jump to member reviews
Unique location with views of the Missouri River and the Meridian bridge in historical downtown Yankton. It is a lovely, cozy, classic setting with the most extensive beer and wine list in Yankton. Very clean!
1. From Scratch: Serves mostly (i.e., more than half of the menu) fresh food, prepared from scratch. Does NOT rely primarily on kits or prepared/partially prepared foods from commercial food services.
Comments: Some dishes made from scratch.
2. Local/Organic: Offers at least some locally sourced and/or organically produced food and/or wild-caught seafood.
Comments: All seafood is wild caught. Local meat procured when available.
3. Pastured: Offers at least some pastured animal foods.
4. Organs: Offers some dishes made with organ meats (liver/paté, sweetbreads, heart, kidney, brains, etc.).
5. Cooking Fats: Cooks (sautés) in natural fats such as butter, lard, tallow, duck fat, coconut oil, or olive oil; uses lard, duck fat, or tallow for frying.
Comments: Olive oil
6. Bone Broth: Makes own bone broths/stocks for use in soups, stews, gravies, and sauces (does NOT use canned broth or powdered soup bases).
7. Seasonings: Makes most of its own seasoning mixes (does NOT use flavoring packets or MSG).
Comments: Uses sea salt, has whole pepper with grinder.
8. Salad oils: Makes most of its own salad dressings using olive oil or cold-pressed sesame oil.
Comments: The buttermilk dressing is made in house.
9. Breads: Offers genuine sourdough bread.
Comments: Buns are locally sourced from Loafer's Bakery.
10. Beverages: Offers lacto-fermented beverages (such as kombucha or kvass).
11. Condiments: Offers lacto-fermented condiments.
12. Desserts: Offers desserts made with natural sweeteners (such as raw honey, maple syrup, maple sugar, molasses, date sugar, palm sugar, coconut sugar, sorghum syrup, or malt syrup).
Comments: Creme Brule' - Bread pudding made in house.
Rating Created by: mwalkesNotify rater of changes to business info or rating criteria
Location & Contact
Just north of Riverside Drive
104 Capitol St.
104 Capitol St.